Your Farm and house
- You gain the house in Rune Factory 2. at the start of the game just for being amazing you. This is where you'll save the game and sleep.
- A spellbook can be found from inside the bookcase. You'll be able to find a FIREBALL spell when you first explore it. Also, there you can learn the basics of combat.
- A diary is used to save the game, here at any time.
- Inside the shelf and the refrigerator, you can store any non-edible item, or food here. Capacity : 30 Item's each.
- Per example quest items could be stored inside the shelf and seed's bags could be stored inside the refrigerator.
- For the chest, Until the 2nd Generation, this chest only have a decorative capacity. Kyle's would story his old tools inside. Aaron and Aria could found them there after 8 years.
- You can also examine the Fireplace, but it doesn't seem to have a use. When examining it, the protagonist says "Ah, there's nothing like a warm fire.
- The Double Bed, allows you to sleep and skip to the next day. You'll replenish HP and RP when you sleep. When you marry, your wife usually stands in this area. If you feel lonely, you could use the Single Bed, as it works the same as the Double Bed.
- This vanity Mirror, Allows you to exchange items with other people via the Wi-Fi capabilities.
- This diary works the same as the one on the 1st floor.
- On the wall facing north, this Calendar give every festival and theme's days dates. In addition to that, whenever someone tells you their birthday, it will be marked on your Calendar; as long as you don't forget it.
- The small bookcase / wardrobe, on your left give you a Magnifying Glass the first time you explore it. During the second generation, Aaron and Aria could use this wardrobe to change their outfit and cloth. In addition to that, some special event may unlock you some more outfits.
- This Magnifying glass is used to see the quality of your crops. May help you find where you previously have used fertilizer on your crops.
- Field : Here is the largest field where you can raise crops, in the game. Crops variety's depend on the current seasons. Unfortunately during winter's, fresh fallen snow make this field unavailable for farming. The same happen to the small fields inside Alvarna's Academy (outside of school during the second generation.); previously the Cherry Blossom Square.
- Monster : Harvesting, watering, wood-cutting and stone-breaking, are a few moves that your tamed monsters could be assigned to, to help in you farm's fields. Starting up at 8 am, assigned monster's will start at the top left and will move in horizontal rows , across the entire field (both tilled and untilled land.)
- Tools : At start, your fields will be absolutely covered with grass, weeds, wood's and stones, in a design similar to an after storm's days. In order to removes stumps and landslides you may require more tools than the one you got from your starter's set.
- Water : On the left and top side of your field, there is a small body of water with a waterfall, and a well next to your house. Into theses two locations, you can fish and you can refill your watering can.
- Into this corner lie also a Wood Shed. Wood from logs and stumps chopped with an Axe is automatically deposited here. You can also deposit logs by hand. When you examine the wood shed, Kyle states how much wood is currently on hand, and you can withdraw wood, or leave it alone.
- Mailbox : On festival's days, Byron stands near your house. Near your farm's door you could find a mailbox where you can find sometimes a flyer for a sale at any town's stores.
- Near the door is also a shipping box. During the first generation, Mana would pass every afternoon until 3pm to take over his content. During the second generation, this is Douglas who work the deal, until 5pm. As precise as a clock, at 3pm all goods you have deposited inside the shipping box will be shipped and the profits automatically added to your on-hand gold.
- Shipping Box. Deposit items here to sell them. Examining the shipping box will display information on your crops and records.
- 1 Farm Name and 3,4 total record's box heading
- 12, 2 Crops or current Records box heading
- 5,6 Total achievement on ship-able items which have been deposited in the box (100% means you have shipped every possible item in the game at least once.) 6 There is also the current achievement on ship-able items in the selected category
- Total 3 gold, 7 wood and 8 feed on hand
- The 4 total, 9 the most, and 10 the least you've earned from one item
- 12 - 17 A display of the current item being viewed; at the top left of this box is an icon of the item, to the right of this is the item's name, and below is a brief 11 description of the item. To the right of these is 11, 17 the level (grade) of the item, if you are viewing a 19 fish, the 18 size of it appears in the second box, and the 20 earnings from a quantity of one appear at the bottom
- 12 View Crops
- 13 View Potions
- 14 View Accessories
- 15 View Cooking
- 16 View Fish
- 17 View Curios
- 18 Sorting Options; automatic, or sort by total earnings in descending or ascending order
- 19, 20 Item name, and Total earnings from corresponding item
Rear of the city
Alvarna North Square
- On the left, during sunny business days, Yue sell her specials goods as a travel and gift's merchant.
- This places gather people especially during festival's days. On the right side is a free lot you could buy to build your first and last Barn.
- During special occasion, you may encounter some citizen travelling by from a town area's to an another. Villager's prefer passing there than using the main street, next to the sea.
- The Barn
- The barn cost 5,000 G and 100 Wood pieces and start with 4 floors. Each floor could contain up to 4 monsters and Pet foods could be drop into outdoor barn's hole to create 10 more monster's feeds.
- The outside sing serve purpose of monster's management menu, as similar to the one into the previous game's version.
- (I want to make the barn larger) During the second generation, you could ask the mayor Byron to dig for more stages.
- Barn could be upgraded up to 7 times, but the last stage become available only when Aaron and Aria meet the requirement for Palermo Shrine. Read plot to learn some more.
- Special concerto is a reward for completing the barn lend to you by Mana.
- Festivals like Monster taming contest and Monster contest become available. This might be the only Holidays where you could introduce your pets
to the others villagers.
- Differently from Rune factory 1, you don't have to manage feeds inventory on every floors. However be short of monster's feed make them lose friends points.
|1F - BF3||First Floor||Basement Floor 1||Basement Floor 2||Basement Floor 3|
|BF4 - BF7||Basement Floor 4||Basement Floor 5||Basement Floor 6||Basement Floor 7|
|BF8 - BF11||Basement Floor 8||Basement Floor 9||Basement Floor 10||Basement Floor 11|
|Go to a deeper floor|
|BF12 - BF15||Basement Floor 12||Basement Floor 13||Basement Floor 14||Basement Floor 15|
|BF16 - BF19||Basement Floor 16||Basement Floor 17||Basement Floor 18||Basement Floor 19|
|BF20 - BF23||Basement Floor 20||Basement Floor 21||Basement Floor 22||Basement Floor 23|
|Go to a deeper floor|
|BF24 - BF27||Basement Floor 24||Basement Floor 25||Basement Floor 26||Basement Floor 27|
|Basement Floor 28|
Cherry Blossom Square
You could usually find Barret resting into this peaceful and quiet places. Spring make this area be the must for any date. In the second generation, this is where our town's school would be built.
This area is used for internet communication involving monster's. Also, fishing there give some nice seasonal fish. Only few villagers visit this place; Yue could be found there during festival's days and into the second generation, Cammy like to pass her lunchtime into this refreshing place.
Falling star Path
Like in the name of this area, this is a quite beautiful dating area at night where once in a years, lots of shooting stars could be seen. In order to stay away from crowds, Barret and Jake likes to keep their distance and relax into this area during festival day's. Sometimes Cecilia and Dorothy may rejoin the boys there as a date.
This area represent the Rune factory 2's school. You could have acces to 3 different small area from there : Alvarna Pond, Alvarna School main buildings (the classroom) , and the Dojo. The school is divided into 4 different parts.
|Spoiler Warning: The following may contain important spoilers about characters or parts in the story.|
As the main building is built during the first era, Aaron and Aria could invest into 2 extension and into a new buildings. For the extension we have our Academy - Library and the Academy Workshop. Outside, could be built the Academy-Dojo.
To make rooms for the schools, the bench from the cherry blossom squares have been removed, but not the cherry trees. Freely furnished, outside of the Academy, you could find 2 9x9 small square of soil able fields. May grown your own choice of grass's flower during every seasons, except winter because of the snow fall.
Alvarna - West End
- From left to right. Buildings and their residents...
- Open: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Byron (resident)
- Barrett (resident)
- Trivia : A Item's lost box , similar to the one in Rune_Factory:_A_Fantasy_Harvest_Moon, could be found inside.
|Second generation options|
|I want to talk to you||I want to make the barn larger (7).||I want to make the school larger (3)||I don't need anything right now.|
- Open: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Gordon (resident, employee)
- Cammy (resident)
- Dorothy (resident)
- Trivia : As friends, Rosalind and Julia like's to gather into Dorothy's room.
- Trivia : As for Cammy, Roy's like to visit her inside the chapel.
- Trivia : Every characters could be seen inside the chapel when they deem most opportune.
- Egan (resident, owner)
- Jake (resident)
- Cecilia (resident)
- Trivia : Unfortunately, Egan would offer you only once if you would like to stay for the night, as one of Cecilia's request.
De Sainte-Coquille Manor
- Open: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Trivia : In the first generation, Egan could be found inside the kitchen during Diner time. In the second generation, he is more likely to be found from lunch time to diner time. Occasionally Byron could be found toward Herman enjoying food and his special sense of humors.
- Trivia : Cecilia free time are harder to find than the reverse. She work everydays from 9am to 6pm inside De Sainte-Coquille Manor, but finish 1 hour earlier on every Friday. When she is not at work, she wear a different outfit making her being the fist characters for the series to wear more than 1 cloth set.
De Sainte-Coquille Park
- Cammy and Roy can often be found on the East side of the park, playing together. On competitive Festivals, you can join the competition by talking to Herman at the North end of the Park. In the first generation, Yue sometimes sells her goods in the Southeast corner.
- Notice Board
- Re-playable or not, characters requests could be read on this notice board. The same happen to the engagement's request.
|Let Me Tell You Your Fortune|
|Super Training Plan: Strength!|
|I Dropped Something...|
- Yue's as a travel merchant
|Icon||Charge||Description||Birthday Gift for:|
|Fried Rice||3780G||Rice and egg fried together in oil. The light, fluffy eggs are what make this dish great.||Douglas|
|Roasted Yam||1820G||A slow-roasted yam. Prevalent in the fall, often baked in the flames of a campfire.||Mana|
|Seafood Pizza||4140G||A pizza topped with shrimp and squid. Looks fantastic, and smells great, too.||Julia|
|Fried Udon||4280G||The first person to fry udon is said to have done so on a whim. Now it is widely loved.||Natalie|
|Emerald Ring||4880G||An emerald's brilliance adds beauty to any hand.||Alicia|
|Grape Juice||2300G||Fresh grape juice. Very sweet, with a strong, enticing aroma.||Ray|
|Amethyst Ring||5020G||An astringent, cool amethyst which creates a calm, mature atmosphere.||Gordon|
|Strawberry Jam||1060G||A sweet preserve made from strawberries. Generally eaten spread on bread or toast.||Dorothy|
|Hot Chocolate||1880G||Chocolate added to warm milk. Don't drink it too often, or you'll get cavities.||Cammy|
|Stew||3280G||Milk and vegetables boiled together. A creamy white stew is one of the most popular varieties.||Egan|
|Aquamarine Brooch||4080G||A brooch set with an aquamarine. As boldy blue as the depths of the ocean.||Cecilia|
|Platinum||8800G||A metal ore used to make weapons and accessories. Very rare, and hard to obtain.||Jake|
|Ruby Ring||6320G||Has a mysterious, appealing design. Look deep inside the ruby, and you'll get lost in its passion.||Tanya|
|French Fries||1740G||Peeled and sliced potatoes fried in oil. So crispy, salty, and addicting.||Roy|
|Seafood Doria||4000G||Doria that contains the best of the sea. Packed with seafood and rice, so it's sure to fill you up.||Byron|
|Skipjack Sashimi||1540G||Slices of raw skipjack tuna served up for consumption.||Barrett|
|Curry Rice||3600G||A mealtime staple, so much so that there isn't a soul, adult or child, who has not tasted it.||Herman|
|Hot Milk||1400G||The simplest of dishes. Just warm milk. Very relaxing, it's relaxing, it's perfect on a sleepless night.||Rosalind|
|Snapper Sashimi||2940G||Slices of raw snapper served up for consumption. Often thought to be a dish that brings good luck.||Max|
|Cabbage Cakes||3630G||Cabbages added to a water and flour paste, then baked. The exact recipe changes depending on region.||Yue|
Alvarna - East End
- Hours: 9:00AM - 6:00PM
- Natalie (resident, doctor)
- Alicia (resident)
- Ray (resident, employee)
- Dorothy (employee)
- Clinic's shoppings : Natalie during the first generation, then Ray.
Pumpkin General Store
- Open: 9:00AM - 6:00PM. Closed Holidays.
- Douglas (resident, owner)
- Mana (resident, employee)
- Trivia : Alicia could be seen sometime on the first, and on the second floor, talking with Mana.
- Inventory from the general store
- Trivia : Milk and Eggs are not sold into every season's section.
|Fur Sleeping Bag||Any||560G||Used to sleep outdoors. Allows for a good, deep sleep, but can't be used if monsters are nearby|
|Feed||Any||5G||Monster feed. Surprisingly nutritious and sweet, it's something of a treat for monsters|
|Rice||Any||90G||A beloved staple of the dining table. Goes well with all other foods.|
|Chocolate||Any||150G||Smooth and sweet. The standard by which all other sweets are judged. Can also be bitter.|
|Wine||Any||640G||An alcoholic beverage made from grapes. Its smooth, adult taste has captivated millions.|
|Youth Grass||Any||250G||Deep blue grass from foreign land. Said to be good for maintaining beauty.|
|Flour||Any||200G||Powder made from wheat. A vital ingredient in a large number of dishes|
|Oil||Any||300G||Mainly used when frying foods to prevent burning or sticking, and to bring out flavor depth.|
|Curry Powder||Any||70G||Powder which forms the basis of curry. Created from a blend of various spicy herbs.|
|Dumpling Powder||Any||70G||Powder from which rice dumplings are made. Creates a sticky, squishy texture.|
|Fried Eggs||Any||690G||The definitive home-cooked egg dish. Its taste changes depending on the amount of love applied when cooked.|
|Small Milk||Any||120G||A small amount of milk taken from a Buffamoo in Messhina Valley. High in
calcium and other important nutrients.
|Small Eggs||Any||110G||A small egg taken from a Cluckadoodle. Encased in a fragile white shell.|
- Open: 3:00PM - 12:00AM. Closed Mondays
- Julia (resident, owner)
- Trivia : Where the owner like to take up to 3 bath in a day, you can only go once a day.
- Trivia : Everyone take a bath. Try to find everyone encounter's time.
- Tanya (resident, owner)
- Roy (resident, employee)
- Jake (employee)
- Sharper Edge inventory
- Trivia : Every dungeons completed unlock new equipment to buy.
- Trivia: This inventory change every seasons. Each seasons have his specialty to sell. Check you mail for a sale's coupon to get the best prices.
Alvarna - Port
|Tell me my Fortune|
New in Second Generation
As a summary
- Yue shop position
- Barn's floor could be added
- New school inside the previous cherry blossom square
- Cecilia position change during holidays
- Rival wedding effects upon characters schedules
- Douglas replace Mana for the shipping box management
- Every bed become used inside every houses