|Spoiler Warning: The following may contain important spoilers about characters or parts in the story.|
- "A dragon god for the town of Selphia, also known as The Divine Wind. Her place as a deity has given her something of a complex and a desire to keep up appearances, especially where her citizens are concerned, as her relationship with them over the years has helped tailor a perfect mask of gentle superiority worthy of her title. With the arrival of a certain Earthmate, however, it looks like her childish, demanding, and vigorous speech habits will be slipping through a lot more often."
- ―Website Description
Ventuswill (セルザウィード Seruzawiido) is one of the Native Dragons of Rune Factory 4. One of the four dragons of Norad, she is the protector of Selphia and will never leave the town. She stands guard to protect the townspeople and to ensure that the runes in the land don't dry out. Her safety is as much a priority for the people of Norad as their safety is for her.
In the past she used to have a dragon priest, and a more casual relationship with the people around her, but she's long ago abandoned such things. She now hides the softer side of her personality and acts formal and commanding before others. The only exception she makes is for the protagonist, who she slipped up in front of in her surprise of having him/her land on her in the beginning of the story. She actually prefers being called Venti, but the only person who knows that is Lest/Frey, who caught her with her guard down, and those who knew her back before she felt the need to put her guard up.
Despite likening herself to a god, Venti has the least imposing or knowledgeable image of the four Native Dragons. She easily mistakes the protagonist (regardless of gender) for a member of royalty named Arthur, despite having a close relationship with the royal family, and she will hastily relocate the blame for when she turns out to be wrong. This is the beginning of a long relationship between herself and the protagonist, in which the two exchange friendly bickering.
More than anything else, Venti doesn't want to be alone. But she's lost numerous friends in the past, and is no longer comfortable opening to others, since she might lose them as well.
Once you have completed the third act of the story and obtained a ranking of 2500, she can be recruited to go into dungeons with you.
Following Venti's arrival at the Floating Empire, she confronts Ethelberd and assists the protagonist in dispatching the mad Emperor. After defeating Etherlberd once more, he clings to the Rune Sphere's power once more and uses the power of Etherlink, leaving the protagonist helpless to watch as he fuses himself with Ventuswill's dragon body.
He clamors in amazement over the power he's received, although Venti intervenes once more, telling the protagonist to do what they must and eliminate Ethelberd. After the protagonist defeats Ventuswill, she and Ethelberd are separated into two halves once again. Venti and the protagonist watch as Etherlberd dissipates into a floating sphere and is sent back to the Forest of Beginnings, having lost his humanity in the process of claiming the Rune Sphere's power. Venti also laments about her condition, stating that she as well would go back to the Forest of Beginnings. The protagonist clamors at her statement and Venti plays along as she announces that she intends to fly the protagonist back to the town's safety.
After arriving back at Selphia, the townspeople are overjoyed by Ventuswill and the protagonist's return, celebrating their arrival with a party and announcing how they worried for the protagonist. Following the celebrations, the protagonist approaches Ventuswill once more to talk about the future, with Ventuswill providing an ominous tone. She tells the protagonist that her time was short-lived as her body had already gone back to the Forest of Beginnings. Through force of will, her spirit brought the protagonist back to Selphia because of her wish to see everyone one last time. After giving her thanks and gratitude and saying her goodbyes, Ventuswill dissipates into a floating sphere, bound for the Forest of Beginnings. The protagonist ruminates over her friendships with Ventuswill and that of the townspeople, saying that they mourned for a long period of time before things began to settle back into normalcy. However, the impact of Ventuswill's disappearance left a void in Selphia, the town where there was once a self-sacrificing dragon who spoke a human language and befriended its townspeople.
Favorite Gifts: Gold vegetables, Pancakes
Likes: Honey, Mushroom, Vegetables
Dislikes: Monster drops from dragons, Skill seals, Wind Dragon Fang, Also trash items, She will Say "What are you doing!" and this is with her voice.
- I am Ventuswill, the divine wind!
- What are you doing!
- can mention Ventuswill in Rune Factory 3. In that conversation, he said that Ventuswill is one of the grand dragons and the guardian dragon of Norad.
- She is also known as Selzauide, and she has Seriza as her human name.
- She is the only female Elder Dragon.
- Amongst the Elder Dragons, she is the only one who died in her respective Rune Factory game.
- In one request, she will say to defeat Aquaticus, the divine dragon of water
- It is apparent that the producers of the Rune Factory series first thought of Ventuswill in the first game. (You can see a book talk vaguely about her in the Kardia library.