Rune Factory 4 (ルーンファクトリー4, Rūn Fakutorī 4) is a Simulation/Roleplaying game developed by Neverland Co. and published by Marvelous AQL for the Nintendo 3DS handheld console. It was announced in Famitsu on June 29, 2011. It is the sixth game in the Rune Factory series, and the first to be released on the 3DS.
As with Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny and Rune Factory 2, Rune Factory 4 has two protagonists: a male and a female. In Rune Factory 4, however, the protagonist's gender is chosen at the beginning of the game, and the same character is used for the entire storyline. By default, the male protagonist's name is Lest, and the female protagonist's name is Frey.
There have been many improvements to the game system such as the addition of pajamas for bachelors and bachelorettes, slumber parties, a new request system, and much more. The plot has also been divided into three arcs; with the first and second arcs being the main plot, and the third arc adding a bonus plot and an additional dungeon.
Marvelous AQL has announced that Rune Factory 4 will not be released in Europe in the foreseeable future, stating that, "While MarvelousAQL has made every effort to secure the title's release for this territory, it is, unfortunately, not possible to do so at this time." However, XSeed has announced plans to release an eShop only version in PAL regions and as of December 11th, 2014, the game has been officially released in Europe.
1.One of the native dragons (Ventiswill) Now lives in town, and is good.
2. The first game where you can pick your gender at the start of the game.
3. You can bring up to 2 people or monsters with you
4. You can tame boss monsters
5. You can get princess/prince points for doing request which can be exchanged for money, storage, and much more
6. Added guardians Amber, Dylas, Dolce, and Leon which were once monsters but have now become a human form.
7. You can now say "I love you!" to nearly every villager in town
8. You can date up to 6 people at once.
9. Vishnal, or Clorica will wake you up every morning, Pico may also wake you up once you reach 10 friendship points with Dolce, a few other characters can do it, but idk who for sure.
- Once you're married wake up calls will automatically stop and your spouse will wake you up in the morning.
- Cooking and Recipes
- Ingredient Effects
- Magic and Rune Abilities
- Dating and Marriage Requirements
- Random Events
- Blogs and secrets
- Shipping List
- Status Ailments
- Upgrading Armor/Weapons
- World Map
- Rune Factory 4 is the first numbered entry to not have "A Fantasy Harvest Moon" labelled under it.
- Rune Factory 4 is the first Rune Factory game in which the player is able to choose the gender of the main character at the start of the game.