|Proposal Item||Lover Snapper|
|Wife Lunches||Baked Riceball|
Mei (冥, Mei) is a bachelorette in Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon.
She is somewhat difficult to approach at first. One can notice that she does not want many people interacting with her. Despite her harden exterior, she can be a very kind person. She's a foreigner to Kardia, and tells Raguna that she has problems remembering foreign names, such as his. She also tells Raguna that she is much older than him and he should treat her with more respect.
She lives in Lady Ann Inn at the 1st room to the left. She also loves to fish and apparently her homeland was destroyed by the Chimera.
Thanks, I love the ____! Knowing my tastes is one of your good points!
- Masu Trout, Squid, Sea-Run Taimen, Sardine, Char, Chub, Glitter Snapper, Skipjack, Turbot, Gibelio, Salmon, Mackerel, Needlefish, Pike, Jamasquid, Shrimp, Snapper, Rainbow Trout, Flounder, Blowfish, Yellowtail, Crucian Carp, Tuna, Girella, Fall Flounder, Cherry Salmon, Baked Riceball
I'm not a huge fan of the _____.
- Lamp Squid, Pond Smelt, Lobster, Hot Chocolate,
Mei is a marriage candidate in Rune Factory. She can be seen at the inn, at the mountain, or at the fishing dock.
Player can give her a Lover Snapper above level 80. To accomplish this, the player needs to catch a Lover Snapper in the Misty Bloom cave and then use the Mystery Shell to trade it back and forth with someone else until it reaches the required level. Player can also give her up to ten fishes on Fishing Day to raise her LP greatly.
- In an interview, it was mentioned that Mei is over 100-years-old. Additionally, there are several hints throughout the game that she may be immortal.
- During the Spring Festival, Mei states, "I hear there is a custom of giving cookies. That is so weird!" when Mei herself requires a fish to marry her. As Carmen from Rune Factory 3 put it, "I heard an interesting rumor the other day...This girl married a man who caught a giant lover snapper!" Mei seems to think of normal customs as weird.
- Mei began her journey to Kardia to investigate the actions of the Sechs Empire.
- She worked in a team in the past, but it is unknown why she is alone now.
- Mei shares the same birthday as Blaise from Rune Factory 3.