Xiao Pai's mother. Tender and easygoing. Often makes terrible mistakes, but it always works out in the end as fortune smiles upon her.
|Family||Yang Fan (husband), Xiao Pai (daughter)|
|Voice Actor||Wendee Lee|
- "Xiao Pai's mother and the owner of the Bell Hotel and bathhouse on the northwest part of Selphia. Her youthful appearance and ditzy, downright forgetful personality has earned her a fanbase among customers."
- ―Website Description
Lin Fa is married and her husband, Yan Fan, appears in town as a generic NPC during two sub-events. Because Yan Fan travels often, Xiao Pai is closer to her mother than to her father. However, Lin Fa always lets her daughter know when Yan Fan sends them a letter from abroad. She's also prone to teasing Xiao Pai, especially when it comes to the prospect of liking someone.
Lin Fa's forgetfulness makes others find her endearing, and if her mixups don't actually bring good fortune than people are still willing to let it slide, much to Xiao Pai's envy. Because Lin Fa's popularity around tourists indirectly contributed to Xiao Pai's partial inferiority complex, she does everything she can to help improve her daughter's self-confidence and popularity. She thinks Xiao Pai is adorable, but seems oblivious to the adoration she brings in. In the Japanese game, she addresses Xiao Pai as "Xiao-chan" and Yan Fan as "Papa-san."
- Let's work hard today!
- I thought I had it wrong, but...
- Lin in Chinese means 'forest' or 'woods' and Fa in Chinese concept meaning for 'laws', 'ethics', and 'logic'. So, Lin Fa literally means 'Laws and Orders of the Forest' if translated through the name purpose.
- Lin Fa --along with Nancy, Rita, and Sabrina-- are among the few mothers in the RF series who aren't single.
- Lin Fa and Xiao Pai are the second occurrence of Asian styled characters running the Inn, preceded by Sakuya and Shino.
- Lin Fa has the same birthday as Hazel and Nolan from Rune Factory Frontier and Rune Factory 3.
- Lin Fa's accident prone nature is implied to go further beyond losing plates. At friendship level 5, she admits to Lest, "...without that particular mistake, Xiao wouldn't be here now...", which leads to a "Wh-what?!" response from Lest. The matter is then dropped, however.