Gaius (ガジ, Gadzhi) is a laid-back dwarf who spends almost all of his time foraging, mining, or running the shop.
He is very close to Raven in a father-daughter sort of way and feels that the store would be nothing without her, probably because he sees forging as more of a hobby and tends to give away what he makes instead of selling them. Sometimes, he'll work too hard on forging and fall asleep while making something. He has a crush on Evelyn because he prefers "cute girls instead of pretty ones," and even has a few requests where he needs help proposing to her (though, nothing ever comes of it because she thinks he's just requesting more clothes).
Gaius: oh, can i have this?
Gaius: its a strange drink. let me see...
Gaius: huh? there's two of you...
Gaius: im kidding. its really fun to mess with you.
Gaius: Unity Festival is finally here tomorrow. I hope it was worth all your trouble.
- If you choose to ask him to propose to you during his event with Evelyn, he respond with
Gaius: But you're already married.
Micah: Oh, that's right.
Micah: Wait, that's your only problem with it?
Gaius: No, I was just kidding.
- Default Weapon: Greatsword
- Gift Weapon Type: Long sword
Techniques: Crossed-eyed Forge
Gaius charges at the enemy (usually in mid-range) and attack relentlessly while combining his attacks with his Greatsword skills like Flash Strike and Delta Strike. He is admirable very focused in battle and quite high in the awareness and morale. In close-ranged combat, he likes to use the Greatsword dash attack while still not holding back.
[Melee] Alloy Raze (regular attack)
[Melee] Crashing Swing[Flash Strike] and Delta Strike (sparringly)
[Melee to Mid-range] Metallic Divide[Greatsword dash attack]
Gaius has no Special Skills.
- Before you know his name it will be shown as ???
- He believes that happiness is swinging down his hammer and being able to focus on other things like being friends with Micah.
- He loves eating hot food on a hot day while striking hot iron.
- He sometimes passes out while forging in the summer.
- He believes he can be friends with anyone who likes iron whether they're human, an elf, a dwarf, or a monster.
- He calls Zaid 'That cheeky dwarf' and says he wonders how he's doing at the Unity Festival.
- Even though he knows Rusk likes sweets, he still doesn't give him any on his (Rusk's) birthday.
- He is totally clueless when it comes to wooing girls.
- Gaius will often joke about Micah having romantic feelings toward him, particularly when given a gift he loves or during his proposal joke response.
- He has trouble remembering festival names because he says that he has "recipes clear in his brain, but not festival names" and when he thinks about the forge, he tends to forget about everything else.
- He loves living in town because "Everyone's so free and having a good time, but still look after each other".
- At the Catch The Most Squid Festival, he makes the pun "I'm not Squidding around."
- He thinks slurping up hot Curry Udons in front of the hot forge on a hot day is the best. Especially the moment he passes out from the heat.
- At the Turnip Festival he once threw swords at the Turnips, but the town banned it.
- At the start of every year, he says he should work with Silver more but he never does.
- He gives Micah Platinum for his birthday.
- He thinks that the Bean Throwing Festival is strange.
- He says every year that he only loses by one bean at the bean throwing Festival (but it's not true).
- He once got lost for three days on a mining expedition and ran out of food, so he had to fish for food.
- At the Flea Market, he sells Iron, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
- He is known as "Iron Man" by Sofia .
- Marjorie mentions that whenever Gaius visits the Apothecary, he always stares outside the window, making her wonder if he's looking for someone. Since Evelyn lives close by, it's obvious that he's observing her.
- Gaius turns red when he states Evelyn's birthday, says something about her, and even the mere mention of her name is enough to make him blush.
- Gaius is actually Raven 's adoptive brother. Yet Raven thinks of him like a father. But Gaius doesn't really shows his 'brotherly' or 'fatherly' affection towards her, making him more like a basic brother-like guardian instead.
- His obsession with forging causes him to forget basic things, like rest. This leads him to passing out after recieving more materials from Micah during one of Raven's requests.
- He also shares the same birthday with Cecilia from Rune Factory and Rune Factory 2.
- Gaius is mentioned in Rune Factory 4 by Bado, where he is described as "a blacksmith who loves forging more than anything."