The story opens on one moonlight night when the hero falls from the sky.
The hero was lucky to fall on top of a dragon; he/she was safe, but he/she had lost his memory. The hero cannot remember anything except his/her name, so he/she ends up living in the castle as arranged by the dragon. As the temporary prince/princess, he/she will help develop the town of Selphia, resolve the townspeoples' worries, and go through life while farming, fighting, and befriending monsters.
At one point, the hero ventures into the woods and is attacked by a giant monster. After defeating the monster, a girl mysteriously appeared.
How did this person turn into a monster? This mysterious occurrence has been happening frequently; what is the truth behind this matter?
The hero continues to spend his/her days among friends and on an adventure while getting closer to the secret hidden in his/her memory...
- Other seiyuu have been confirmed to be Ayana Taketatsu, Hitomi Nabatame, and Kosuke Toriumi.
- The game has no exact storyline connection to the previous titles, but this doesn't mean that you won't see cameos or dragons; though, it has not been said if there will be cameos or not. The backstory is just not needed to understand the story of the game, so newcomers won't be confused.
- To be release in July at 5229 yen, which is about 48 euros and 65 USD. (Subject to change.)
- There will be a manga that focuses on the storyline. The focus will be on Lest and Margaret. (Will appear in Dengeki on Feb. 27th.)
- Pre-orders come with headphones and a drama CD. Hashimoto has stated it's something you'll want to listen to secretly, but it's not because they're inappropriate. It's because they're for sleeping, so expect songs.
- The love element has been said to have improved, including embarrassing situations for Lest and Frey. Character AI has also been upgraded, most specifically for the wives (but what about the husbands...?). They won't just sit around the house anymore and will go to different places. Hopefully, this will apply to children.
- Hashimoto has stated that the character AI in the game will be a step up from Rune Factory 3's character AI. He said that wives after marriage wont just go to their typical areas or patterns after marriage, and will go to other places for fun.
- There is no longer grid-based farming, so you can organize your farm however you like.
- Rather than having a friendship and jumping right to marriage, you can maintain a lovers state with someone and still marry someone else.
- Even though Hashimoto does not recommend it, you can have more than one lover.
- The request system also looks a little different, as well.
- There will be an RFF-style animated cutscenes for dates, festivals, and introductions.
- You can also build buildings in order to attract more people and tourists to the town. The protagonist earns a rating depending on how many people show up, the starting title being 'Beginner Prince'.
- The marriage candidates will now wear pajamas.
- The Prince System is used to build up your town and attract tourists as you do. Prince/Princess Points are used to build the town up, as well as hold festivals and even more.
- If you mange to build up a nice town, you will earn the title, 'Crown of Crown', which symbolizes that you are the ultimate prince/princess.
- Getting into too many romantic relationships before marriage will cause problems.
- Divorce is NOT an option. However, you can break up with your lover.
- The children will be more interactive than in Rune Factory 3. There are certain events, such as when the child takes his/her first steps and says his/her first words.
- There will be three difficulty modes.
- There will also be three different save files.
- A New Game + feature, which will carry over items and skills to a new file.
- If you live in Japan, you can preorder and receive a special CD and headphones. Though, Hashimoto says that you may want to listen to it secretly, not because they're inappropriate, but because they help with getting to sleep.
The CD has six tracks. Each of them goes as follows.
- "Spring Flower Viewing" Season 1
This one seems to focus on Lest and Margaret during a flower viewing session.
- "Fireworks of Summer" Season 2
Both Frey and Vishnal watch a fireworks festival.
- "Fall crop contest" Season 3
Focuses on Lest and Dolce, the former entering a sweet potato into the contest.
- "Winter Christmas Eve" Season 4
Frey wants to spend the evening with Dylas, but he's busy with work.
- "For those who have trouble sleeping" Season Final
Track for those who have trouble sleeping.
- Arrange soundtrack
Various tracks from the game itself.
- The "Teleport" Rune Ability is now on the bottom screen for an easier access.
- Hashimoto has already confirmed that the time speed will be slightly slower than it used to be in Rune Factory 3
- There are pajama parties, Valentine's Day, and White Day. Those events, as well as some conversations, are possible with characters of the same sex/gender.
- During Valentine's Day and White Day, characters will react to their gifts.
- There are guys want to dive between Lin Fa's "fluffy Oppai."
- There also seems to be underwear; Hashimoto says that they're quite "splendid" and therefore cannot show them to anyone yet. They might do so, but only to a reasonable extent.
- You can also have pajama parties with the same sex/gender as Lest or Frey.
- Hashimoto stated a while ago that the MCs have to farm for their own pocket money.
- The whole CD lasts 47 minutes, with five small stories and a special arrangement of the game's OST.
- He has given some details on the track about Dolce during the Sweet Potato Eating Contest.
- The 3rd one is about the party members' behavior in dungeons. When they detect monsters, they'll act accordingly by themselves. Their behavior will vary with their level, and you can give them some directives, such as "stay close" or "stand a bit further".
- The 4th person is anxious about the game's accessibility to beginners, and Hashimoto replies that even if they've tuned up the difficulty and levels, new players are also welcome. There's also Hard Mode for those who are looking for a challenge.
- The 5th one give some more details about the bottom/touch screen. It shows the town map, and makes it easier to find people, even if they're indoors. There's also a "Notebook Icon" and an "Equipment Icon" for an easier access to the Requests and Equipment menus. There's also an icon for the Teleport Rune Ability, which will prompt a confirmation before activation.You'll also see the dungeon's mapping as you proceed to explore them.
- The last person says that the marriage candidates that have been unveiled so far way too attractive/cute, and what to know if it's possible to flirt with 2 of them. Hashimoto has explained the "lover" phase before wedding, and that once you start going out with someone, you can choose nicknames for each-others and deepen your relationship.
- Hashimoto has also confirmed that main characters can change their appearance with equipment, but the 2-D portraits' clothing won't change since it only affects the 3D model.
- If you are changing between the male and female main character's appearnace it will change to 2-D portait and voice. If you change to another townsperson your dialogue will not include voice acting.
- The in-game sprites on the map will change depending on what the MC has equiped (like bracelets, helmets, hats, ect). Only the MC's 2-D portraits wont have any change based on those except for PJs and swimsuits.
- You can obtain the Rune Factory 4 stickers by supporting them using the banner on your blog/homepage, and by following their Twitter account.
- There's a form to fill with various information (Nickname, e-mail address, present you want, name and address of your blog, Twitter account and a random message. It seems you can order the stickers, as well.
- Hashimoto has even confirmed that there will be an anniversary between the main character and his/her wife/husband.
- There will also be an event on your child's birthday, and the game will have more events and dialogue from your child than in the previous games.
- Ami Koshimizu, who voiced Mist from Rune Factory, will be voicing someone on Rune Factory 4. See here
- If you faint in the dungeons while your spouse is with you, you'll get a "Couple Discount" for the hospital fee.
- According to what Hashimoto said, people will be surprised if you ever enter the wrong side of the bath, so you should avoid doing so. He adds that the game will keep track of the number of time you make that "mistake" (implying it might trigger something).
- To all owners of a 3DS and an internet connection, follow the following steps:
- Go to the home menu on your 3DS
- Press L or R
- Press the small code icon on the bottom left of the 3DS screne
- A message that says "URL found."
- Press OK and launch the internet browser
- Go to the page and look at the 3DS images
- Monsters in the dungeons; even the monsters in first dungeon (Yokumil Forest), have been said to be very strong and you'll probably need to take a party member with you.
- Leon's dungeon has been said to be difficult.
- Normal Mode is for casual gamers while Hard Mode is for players who want a challenge.
- In normal mode, the first dungeon can be completed at lv. 3 (with party members), of course.
- There are players on 2ch who have completed Kohaku's dungeon on Spring 3 and Dylas's dungeon on Spring 7. They're probably this quick paced because Hashimoto didn't want to drag on the amount of time for players to get the boss candidates. And as Kuroneko had observed from 2ch comments, the actual plot starts after Leon's dungeon.
- There is no multiplayer.
- The second opening is now available on Japanese Itunes.
- It's also available here.
- The Whale Island song plays in the southwest corner of Selphia by the Delirium Cave, and the Green Ruins' song plays in a nest of massive Cluckadoodles in the southern part of Selphia.
- During the boys' slumber party, the boys talk about the girls that they like.
- The slumber parties are unlocked in the same manner as an HM style random sub event. You'll recieve an invitation from one of the guys to have a slumber party in Porcoline's mansion in Arthur's room. Then you have to talk to Doug when night time comes in Arthur's room for the event to begin.
- Like in Rune Factory 3, the main character can pick up birds. You can now throw them at other characters and knock them down. There is a video below that focuses this.
Prince Point Rewards
You gain prince/ss points by running the castle's shop and completing requests.
Pharmacy License -- 100 points
Simple Cooking License -- 100 points
Professional Cooking License -- 500 points
Airship License -- 300 points
The licenses except the airship access will come with an exam that features trivial questions on cooking before you're granted capability.
Bud's Accessories Shop -- 500 points
Blossom's Furniture Shop -- 800 points
Illuminator's Florist Delivery -- 500 points
Blossom's Shop for Shipped Vegetables -- 500 points
Jewel Merchant Services -- 2000 points
Clothing Merchant Services -- 800 points
New backpack -- 50 points
Backpack upgrade -- 500 points
New refrigerator upgrade -- 300 points and 50 stones
New storage box -- 50 points and 20 wood
New storage box upgrade -- 300 points 50 wood
New storage box upgrade 2 -- 500 points and 100 wood
Room expansion -- 1500 points, 200 stones, 300 wood, additional cost of 50,000 gold
Monster huts -- 100 points, 30 stones, 50 wood
Expansion of monster huts -- 200 points, 80 stones, 100 wood