Transformed from a horse monster and now works as a server at Porcoline's restaurant. Quiet and often misunderstood. Doesn't seem to get along well with Doug.
|Wife Lunches||Fall Sashimi, Ice Cream, Sandwich, Milk Porridge, Fried Veggies|
|Voice Actor||D.C. Douglas|
|Spoiler Warning: The following may contain important spoilers about characters or parts in the story.|
- "A man displaced in time, with clearly visible horse-like features. Quiet, clumsy and antisocial, he's often misunderstood by others and is the source of numerous rumors throughout the town."
- ―Official Website Description
Dylas (ディラス Dirus) is an eligible bachelor in Rune Factory 4.
Dylas has a monster form called Thunderbolt that Lest and Frey must defeat in order to date him. He is also the first bachelor in the game to have a monster form with the other being Leon. After Lest/Frey defeats him, he will move in with Porcoline and Arthur, and can often be found fishing.
Dylas is a very awkward person, leading to him often sounding curt. Despite his generally serious demeanor, he is actually a kind and gentle person, with a bit of a short temper. On first impression, he is rather cold and dismissive. It will take some time before he warms up to you or anyone else. Dylas also seems to have friendly rivalry with Doug, both of them getting on each other's nerves. They are constantly arguing with each other. Their relationship is somewhat similar to Dolce and Pico's. You have to battle him in the Water Ruins, as Thunderbolt, in order to unlock him.
Dylas shares traits with his monster form. Specifically, he has a horse tail and his hair is shaped like a mane.
"A man displaced in time, with clearly visible horse-like features. Quiet, clumsy and antisocial, he's often misunderstood by others and is the source of numerous rumors running throughout the town."
Party up and off
Leaving Party: "Oh, look at the time."
- "Sorry, but I've got prep work to get done for tomorrow. Later"
- "You look good."
- "With you, I'm... uh, nothing."
- "Hm, not bad."
- "Get outta here"
- "Go home!"
- "That's... nothing...!"
- Knock out: "Daaamn...!"
All of these nicknames come from Doug
- Mr. Horsie
- Swayback Nag
- He is often called names that are in relation to horses, much to his annoyance.
- He is the second oldest bachelor in Rune Factory 4. This is probably due to the fact that he came from a different time period, but not nearly as ancient as Leon.
- Out of all the characters in Rune Factory 4, Dylas will cuss the most and admit he's pretty foul-mouthed. Doug may cuss a lot as well, but not nearly as much as Dylas. Other people such as Bado, Dolce, Lest, Leon, and Frey cuss, but none of them nearly as much as Doug and Dylas.
- Nicknames the female protagonist can call him after the confession event are Darling, Dally, Mr. Dylas, Bro Dylas and Big D (which embarrasses him, but he concedes). Nicknames he offers to call you are Honey, Sis, Young Lady, Princess <Name> and Dear <Name>.
- Marrying Dylas results in the child inheriting the rune ability double kick